This initiative is aimed at facilitating the creation of young entrepreneurial leaders across the Niger delta region whose innovations, enterprises and community development projects will help address the challenges of
- Youth Unemployment
- Environmental degradation and
• Creation of entrepreneurial and social engineering programmes;
• Reorientation and mobilization of the youth to respond to community challenges as their social responsibilities;
• Creation of youth enterprises and community service projects across the region;
• Mobilize youths to respond to environmental/ climate change challenges.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
• Young people are organized and galvanized into Business Groups
• Fellows are trained to start a business of comparative advantage in their communities utilizing the ICT training provided to them .
• The fellows work together as business partners like in co-operative societies;
• The ICT /Youth centers are also utilized as CBT centers, rural post offices, e-health hub, all centers etc.
EXPECTED OUTCOME IN YEAR ONE
• At least 2,700 new business/social ventures created by fellows;
• At least 5,400 jobs created;
2,700 youths/women trained and more, able to deliver development for themselves and their communities.