In furtherance of the Digital-jobs Africa project; The a3foundation is due to deploy free ICT training for 100 youths/women in the Niger delta region under the Niger delta digital economy program.
This initiative is aimed at facilitating the creation of young entrepreneurial leaders across the Niger delta region whose innovations, enterprises and community development projects will help address the challenges of
- Youth Unemployment
- Environmental degradation and
• Creation of entrepreneurial and social engineering programmes;
• Reorientation and mobilization of the youth to respond to community challenges as their social responsibilities;
• Creation of youth enterprises and community service projects across the region;
• Mobilize youths to respond to environmental/ climate change challenges.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
• Young people are organized and galvanized into Business Groups
• Fellows are trained to start a business of comparative advantage in their communities utilizing the ICT training provided to them .
• The fellows work together as business partners like in co-operative societies;
• The ICT /Youth centers are also utilized as CBT centers, rural post offices, e-health hub, all centers etc.
EXPECTED OUTCOME IN YEAR ONE
• At least 2,700 new business/social ventures created by fellows;
• At least 5,400 jobs created;
2,700 youths/women trained and more, able to deliver development for themselves and their communities.